Curtains fall.

Attention , Attention. * Clears throat * :) ...

After one super exciting year of blogging and quizzing , Curtains fall on Season I of quizzing.

I have a zillion people to thank. From a random friend who initiated the thought of a quiz club, my parents for giving me good broadband service :D, my co-authors at various points of time - Sandeep and Rithwik , fellow quizzers who appreciated my efforts and responded to the blog , Wikipedia for enlightening me day in and out , Google for providing image search facilities, magazines like Outlook and India today which have also played a very important role in updating me, my friends as well as dignitaries of THE PQC- Jijith and Rohit , Captain Chandrakant Nair who has been such a role model to look upon , and most of all.... my brother who has always been my lifeline ! I thank you all from the core of my heart . Here, I take a bow !

Now, coming back to the business end of things , These are the standings at the end of Season I( only top 20 mentioned ) .

1. Captaine - 101.5
2. Rithwik K - 81. 5
3. Abhiram - 53.5
4. Jyothi- 38
5. Malcaluffin - 29.5
6. Kamal Rathi - 29
7. Vigneshwar - 22
8. Manjith - 18.5
9. Sreeram - 15
10. Debasish - 13.5 /Bipin 13.5

At 9.5 points , We have Sandeep and Ajay Parasuraman
At 9 points, We have Johny Walker, completebhejafry and Vampire Willy( Vineesh, my bro)
At 8 points , We have Suraj , Jobin, Kaustuba and Shibin Azad.

They complete the top 20. Congrats. You've kept the blog going with ebb . Thanks .

As promised , Captaine and Rithwik will receive awards of Rs. 500 each !!

The blog shall re surface for Season II from September 3rd, 2009. As mentioned earlier, it will be under the new monthly scoring system . Top 5 at the end of each month will get 5,4,3,2 and 1 credits each respectively , which will add up to their season score . That way, we have monthly champions and Season Champs. Season II will award top 3 instead of two. :-) .. and the currencies dispatched "could" be more if economy doesn't further melt down !

So dudes and dudettes , It's been fun .. and I promise it's only going to get better!

So the 3rd of September it is. Till then, Keep quizzing , Rock on . Peace.

Yours truly .

No comments: